Finalized 2016-17 school calendar
The Charles City Community School District Board of Education finalized the calendar for the 2016-17 school year. Here are some highlights of the proposed calendar:
• Students’ first day of school will be August 29 and the school year ends on May 31.
• Students will not make up the first three snow days.
• The calendar will continue to be based upon 1080 hours instead of 180 days.
• Professional learning days, once students begin, are on Mondays. Only three professional learning days have been included after August 29.
• Middle school & high school start time would be 8:10 A.M. Elementary schools would begin at 8:15 A.M.
• Charles City’s spring break correlates with NIACC, ISU, UNI, and U of I.
• After parent feedback the 10/31 conference date was changed to 10/10.
Download the calendar here