If you have a passion for learning and want to help students be engaged, inspired and empowered to become the best they can be we need you.
The Charles City Community School District is searching for great substitute teachers and substitute instructional assistants.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS REQUIREMENTS
Substitute Teachers must have ONE of these requirements
- Teaching license
- Substitute teaching license
- Substitute authorization
Anyone who meets the following criteria is eligible to be a substitute teacher:
• Has one of the following:
(1) holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, OR
(2) has completed an approved Paraeducator Certification Program and holds a Paraeducator Certificate.
• Has successfully completed all the requirements of the online Substitute Authorization course.
• Is at least 21 years old
• Has successfully completed state and national background check.
• Learn more here at the Central Rivers AEA website (https://www.centralriversaea.org/classes-workshops-and-trainings/licensure-renewal-substitute-authorization-para-certification/)
Applicants should apply online at TeachIowa.gov
SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
If you are interested in being a sub instructional assistant, you should apply on TeachIowa.gov
If you would like to be added to our substitute teacher list or have any questions about the process, please contact:
Human Resources / Payroll
500 N. Grand Avenue
Charles City, IA 50616
Phone (641) 257-6500 x2
Here are some FAQ’s on substitute teachers in Iowa: