What is HSAP?|Activities|Calendar |Newsletter |Contact Us|
HSAP students are invited to meet for activities and gym time at our 500 N. Grand location on Tuesdays. Students in grades 5-8 meet from 8:30-10:00 a.m. and students in grades K-4 meet from 10:30 a.m.-12:00p.m.
The gym at N. Grand will be open for use by HSAP students and their families in the winter months. For 2019:
- January: Thursdays from 10-11:30 a.m.
- February: Thursdays from 1-2:30 p.m.
- March: TBA
Field trips and outings are planned throughout the year. We try to balance activities that are fun, educational and of service to our community. Parent ideas are always welcome!
This is a video of the children at the Enchanted Acres Pumpkin Patch making a craft.
In September the HSAP went canoeing and had a picnic at Howard's Woods. We had fun sitting at the campfire telling stories and canoeing down the Cedar River. Only one family fell in ooops! :)
Charles City Fire Station
Fire Chief Eric Whipple and Firefighter Kurt showed us around the fire station and taught us valuable lessons on fire safety.
- Have a fire escape plan with 2 routes out of the house.
- Practice it often.
- Make you have a meeting spot out of the house.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke detector when the time changes
- Practice stop, drop, and roll
- Practice getting low (under the smoke) when leaving the house
- If there is a fire, do not hide, get out as fast as you can.
- If you can’t get out of the house, open a window and yell for help. (Firefighters know where you are then.)
Nursing Home Talent Show October 2017
Students showed off their talents from playing the piano or instrument, playing the bells, telling jokes, or dancing for the residents at 9th Street Chautauqua.
Field trip to Floyd County Medical Center
We had a full day of field trips starting with the little ones getting to dress up and see what a hospital room would look like to how to wash our hands appropriately to a tour of the whole hospital and what to expect when looking for a medical career.
Fall 2017 Presentation Night
The children presented their talents at our fall presentation night. We have a very talented bunch, learning all different kinds of things.