Iowa Assessments will be administered for Charles City 3rd - 11th-grade students
March 28 - March 31
The Iowa Assessments provide detailed information about your child in a variety of important content areas including reading, English language arts, mathematics, science and social studies.
We have the following recommendations for families next week:
• Do not schedule appointments for your students that would take them out of school for these days.
• Understand the seriousness, high-stake nature of these tests.
• Get a good night’s sleep each night before the test.
• Eat a healthy breakfast and avoid heavy foods that may make you groggy. Protein and fiber will help students stay full and focused.
• Drink plenty of water and eat water-filled fruits and vegetables.
• Avoid high sugar foods that may make your student hyper and/or prone to crashing.
• Make sure you get up early enough so that you are on time to school.
• Bring pencils and calculators to the test (mobile phone calculators not allowed).
Charles City High School
12th-grade students will not need to report to school until 9:10 A.M. each day.