August 21, 2020
Charles City Community, Fall Sports Spectators, Family & Friends:
After a successful first attempt at summer sports, excitement is continuing as high schools across the State of Iowa are preparing to offer fall sports for their students and communities. In order for students and coaches to have a successful and safe season during a pandemic, it is imperative that we navigate our competitive team sports properly and with cooperation from all students, coaches, officials, families and spectators involved.
As we have seen throughout the last six months, we must be adaptable to the COVID-19 mitigation strategies schools have implemented with help from County Public Health Departments. This fall will be unlike any other sports season we will have ever experienced and we should be thankful that our student-athletes get an opportunity to do something that they truly enjoy. Some of the regulations that spectators at contests must follow include:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days please do not attend.
- Spectators are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Limited concessions will be available.
- Bleacher seating will be limited to allow for physical distancing. Please plan appropriately by bringing your own chair if necessary.
- Admissions - All schools will be charging for events. Please plan accordingly and if possible plan to bring exact change to the event you are attending.
- Varsity Football - Adults $6.00 and Students $5.00
- Volleyball - Adults $5.00 and Students $3.00
- Activity Passes - Available at the High School Athletic Office
- No charge for scrimmages
- Restrooms will be available.
- At outdoor events, face coverings will be strongly encouraged when individuals are unable to maintain six feet of physical distancing.
- At indoor events, face coverings will be required for spectators.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING IS REQUIRED. PLEASE MAINTAIN 6 FEET OF SPACE PER FAMILY UNIT!
Regardless of the requirements, we ask that you remain respectful and compliant when you visit all fields and school facilities for events. The public health officials, school administrators, and coaches who have developed these strategies are doing their best and working hard to create a safe and healthy environment for all. Spectators not following social distancing and/or behavioral expectations will be asked to leave the contest.
We are fortunate to have an opportunity to watch our young people participate in the activities they love this fall and our fans are fortunate to be able to attend. Let’s show the rest of the world this can be done safely and that we can be respectful to our neighboring schools and facilities when visiting.
We look forward to seeing all fans and parents at our events in the near future!