The Silver Cord Program is open to all seniors and will recognize those who have documented a minimum of 150 hours of volunteer contributions to our community by May 10, 2021. More information can be found on the Silver Cord page or by calling the high school office.
Participation in the graduation ceremony is a privilege, not a right. Any type of disturbance or disruption to the educational environment or any other inappropriate actions at school could necessitate removing that privilege of the student or group of students involved.
National Honor Society Induction Ceremony - May 5, 5:30 pm
Comet Choice Awards - May 11, 6:00 pm
Senior Recognition Night in North Grand Auditorium (500 N. Grand) - May 12, 5:30 pm
Last full day of class (turn in laptops) - May 25
Finalize check-out (and laptop roll-in) - May 26, 1:00 pm
Class Walk through the elementary campuses - May 26, 1:15 pm
Graduation practice in Comet Gym - May 26, 2:00 pm
Graduation in Comet Gym - May 30, 1:30 pm
***Graduates meet in the assigned classroom by 12:45 pm
• Attendance at graduation is limited to families of graduates ONLY (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins)
• Masks will be required for all those attending.
• All seating will be on a first come first serve basis. There will be chairs on the floor behind the graduates as well as seating on the bleachers.
• Doors will open at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 30, 2021.
• Caps and gowns will be given to the students during practice on May 26. So that the class appears uniform in appearance for the graduation ceremony, students are not allowed to adorn their caps or gowns in any way.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at (641) 257-6510.
Principal, Charles City High School