This week, Charles City High School reached a 7% absence rate for three consecutive days. To help keep schools open and protect the health of our school community, we are initiating the health mitigation plan approved in September 2021. This is a temporary period during which face coverings will be required at Charles City High School. As per our commitment to families, we will use face coverings as a targeted tool only where and when it is necessary.
- Face coverings are recommended for staff and students at Charles City High School on Friday, January 14, 2022. Face coverings will be required from Tuesday, January 18 through Sunday, January 23.
- There is no school on Monday, January 17, due to the federal Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day holiday.
- This is a targeted strategy only for Charles City High School to keep our schools open.
- Students may seek a medical or religious exemption from using a face covering, if needed. Exemptions approved from the 2020-21 school year are still on file and will be honored for the 2021-22 school year. See your campus office for the appropriate paperwork to be certified. You may also download the forms here:
- Click here to view the Illness Dashboard for each campus.
- We will review the current absentee rate closer to the end of the 10-day period.
- Face coverings will be available in the Charles City High School office.