Add money to meal account
The free school lunch program that was federally funded from March 2020 expired on June 30, 2022. This means free breakfast and lunch meals offered to Charles City Community Schools students will not continue for the 2022-23 school year.
Breakfast - $1.50
Lunch - $2.70
Supers - $1.60
OPTION 1 - Check your school lunch account balance in PowerSchool
1. Log into PowerSchool - https://charlescityschools.powerschool.com/guardian/
2. In the upper right-hand toolbar, click on the Applications icon.
3. A menu will open - Click on SchoolPay
4. A new window will open, on the right side of the screen, click on Food Services
(or on mobile, click on the menu button on the top right corner and pick food service)
5. You can review your household balance on that screen, review purchase history, and add money to your account, by clicking
OPTION 2 - Check your school lunch account balance in SchoolPay
1. Log into SchoolPay - https://www.schoolpay.com/login
2. Use the same email address and username as your PowerSchool access
3. You can review your household balance on that screen, review purchase history, and add money to your account, by clicking
FREE OR REDUCED MEAL APPLICATIONS
Households who feel they may qualify for free or reduced meals must complete an Iowa Eligibility Application and waiver form at food service before registering their children. Beginning August 1 applications will be taken at any campus. Waiver forms will be available in person when turning in the application. In order to waive or reduce your registration fees for school please begin your registration process at by returning your application to any campus. If you receive a letter from either DHS or Charles City Community Schools saying you automatically qualify for free or reduced meals, please bring the letter to any campus if you are interested in a student fee waiver.
Questions on food service, 641-257-6500 or email Paige Elsbernd