Monday, November 30 - Day 5 - 3rd Grade Counseling, 4th Grade Library
Tuesday, December 1 - Day 1 - 3rd Grade Music, 4th Grade Counseling
Wednesday, December 2 - Day 2 - 3rd Grade Art, 4th Grade - Music
Thursday, December 3 - Day 3 - 3rd Grade PE, 4th Grade - Art
Friday, December 4 - Day 4- 3rd Grade Library, 4th Grade - PE
- Welcome back to Mrs. Elliott! She has been on maternity leave and we are all excited to have her back with us! If you see her, be sure to say, “hello!”
- As we return on the 30th our classrooms will be in need of snacks again. Anything store bought and peanut free works. Crackers & cereal have been a big hit! Thank you to all that have already donated this year.
- All classrooms have a reading log that gets sent home each week. Please be sure your child is spending 20 minutes a night reading and filling out their log afterwards.
- Send back bell ringing notes, they were sent home last week and copies are still available from classroom teachers. The date is Saturday, December 5 at Theisen’s. Please sign up for a time to help with the community service project.
- Work continues in reading and writing where students are learning about writing informational books and how to read as researchers. The topics they are researching in reading are related to extreme weather.
- In math we are still working on classifying shapes based on their attributes. Students will learn this week what a protractor is and how to use it.
- New units in science and social studies will be starting so stay tuned for news about those.
Mrs. Hagensick, the Lincoln school counselor, is continuing to put lessons and resources on each homeroom teacher’s Google Classroom for School to You students and for on-campus students. Every student and family can use these resources no matter how they are choosing to learn! Mrs. Hagensick goes to each classroom once a week and there are opportunities for students learning from home to Zoom with the on-campus learners. Please continue to check Google Classroom for updates about these opportunities and to find the links to join!
Mrs. Thomson, the Washington Elementary school counselor, is offering a free Yoga & Mindfulness class on Tuesday afternoons from 4:30-5:30 PM. To learn more or to register, click here: Yoga & Mindfulness Class
COMMUNITY RESOURCE FOR UTILITY ASSISTANCE
If your family has experienced a loss in income due to Covid-19 that has resulted in a difficulty paying a utility bill, you may be eligible for the Residential Utility Disruption Prevention Program. More details can be found here: Utility Assistance
We are excited to announce the library will be hosting a VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR event to support both the Lincoln and Washington elementary libraries!
Shop from November 30-December 13!
Books are the perfect gift for any age! Deliveries will arrive DIRECT to your home before Christmas!!!
- Shop the fair HERE: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/comet
Continue to support your students' learning at home with these online resources!
We would like to remind parents and students of proper outdoor clothing as weather cools:
- The need for coats, hats, and mittens as the weather gets colder will be determined by the on-duty supervisor. Coats are expected when the “feels like” temperature is below 50 degrees. Hats and mittens are expected with a “feels like” temperature of 32 degrees or below.
- Indoor recess will be held when it is raining or the “feels like” temperature is below zero.
As we prepare for winter we are making a change in weather delays for the 2020-2021 school year. Due to our new morning start times this year when we need to delay due to weather, we will only delay ONE hour instead of the traditional two-hour delay. If there is a weather delay Lincoln campus will start at 10:00 AM.
Art Club is on December 2nd from 3:30-4:30pm. Students must turn in a permission slip to attend. Students will also start bringing artwork home this week.
If you are interested in more updates, please follow the Facebook page, Comet Creators: Charles City Art Rooms.